Are you an experienced, TS PV cleared Linux System Administrator?
Do you want to work on mission-critical projects to advance Australia's National Interests?
...Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking a high calibre, Expert, Trusted and Reputable Linux System Administrator to join our growing Professional Services Division on a highly classified program. We will only disclose details of the program to shortlisted individuals, and encourage those with a TS PV clearance to apply and discuss further with us.
- High paying salaries of up to $220,000 base + super, commensurate to experience (eg; SFIA 6/7) and qualifications (eg; RHCSA, Linux certifications)
- Ability to work on huge multi year, multi $billion dollar initiatives supporting the Defence and National Intelligence Community
- Additional perks such as Birthday day off, extra superannuation, yearly training budgets and so much MORE!
Ideally, you will possess… (we still want to talk to you even if you don’t!)
- Demonstrated experience working in System Administrator roles.
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in one of the following preferred technologies: o Software defined storage technologies.
- o Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service;
- Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies;
- Elastic Search (ES).
- Familiarity with CISCO and Palo Alto Networking devices.
- Ability to investigate, define and resolve complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet time and quality targets.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new information and apply it effectively.
- Ability to maintain an awareness of developing technologies and their application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is preferred
About the Role
You will be expected to...
- Conduct VMWare, Windows and Linux systems administration including Operating System installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management and documentation of Cyber Security Capability
- Install, maintain or decommission capability hardware and software as required
- Monitor and manage system capacity and usage.
- Identify and analyse system issues and work in close coordination with relevant stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Create and maintain system documentation and support procedures
- Identify any configuration discrepancies, assess security risks, and implement solutions in accordance with security standards.
Why work for Vertical Scope Group?
Vertical Scope Group are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over a decade’s worth of experience providing end-to-end consulting, professional services and recruitment services nationally to Australian Government and industry.
We are searching for exceptional consultants to join us in providing capability to multiple government panels and global supply chains including the ICT Provider Arrangement (ICTPA), NSW TAS SCN0012 – Talent Acquisition Scheme, Defence, Science and Technology Group (DSTG), BuyICT, People Panel (all categories, all locations, APS1- SES Band3, and Board Placements!)
We are proudly 100% Australian owned and run, possess a Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) Level 3 membership, and have won multiple peak body awards including the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA)’s 2021 ‘Excellence in Social Purpose’, RCSA’s 2022 ‘Excellence in Client Services’, and the 2022 Prime Minister’s National Veteran Employment Award for ‘Excellence in Supporting Veteran and/or Partner Employment’ for VSG’s WorkPath Australia Training and Employment Program.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential discussion around your career and to learn how we can work together.
We offer our permanent consultants a list of perks that range from:
- Birthday day off
- Additional Superannuation Contribution
- Novated Leasing
- Annual Company Conference
- Paid for attendance at award and industry events
- Generous Defence Leave
- Part-time, remote, flexible work options (when available)
- Attractive salaries
- Fortnightly payments
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
We believe people are our greatest asset, and we will work with and support you throughout your career.
If you are security cleared and would like to discuss other security cleared opportunities available to you, please also apply and a dedicated consultant will contact you to advise.
If you want to join a trusted, reputable, expert consulting firm, and work on exciting defence and national security programs, apply here!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Apply now by submitting your CV and or cover letter and a dedicated recruitment consultant will be in touch.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate Referrals warmly welcomed and rewarded!