Experienced and detail-orientated Threat Intelligence Investigator required to track and monitor a range of threat actors within the federal government sector for one of the world’s largest ICT Software and Services companies. This opportunity will give YOU excellent career development potential and enticing renumeration of up to $220,000 base + super + other benefits!
Working within a vibrant and rewarding workplace that is consistently rated as one of the employers of choice worldwide, you will join an expanding engineering team working with cutting-edge cloud services delivering solutions across a wide range of industries including defence and national security.
Our client has been transforming the world of business in ICT for over 30 years, recently leading the delivery of public cloud application on their proprietary platform and offering complete services required to build innovative cloud applications.
You will have a successful history of delivering cloud-related projects, strong customer facing and stakeholder engagement skills, working with teams add to the businesses capability, and have a stellar reputation across the cloud sector – ideally working within Federal Government.
Our client is seeking high calibre, experienced and talented Threat Intelligence Investigator who shares their values and purpose of reimagining cloud solutions, transforming the world of business, and developing the tools to outpace change!
This is a full-time position, offering exceptional career development and a base salary of up to $220,000 + super + other benefits per annum (commensurate to experience)!
- Collect and analyse suspected advanced persistent threat (APT) campaigns across the ecosystem, as a result developing remediation plans, and drive resolutions to the incidents
- Manage cross organisation and executive communications streams
- Support the organisation’s Australia National Security, Corporate Affairs, and other key stakeholders on various initiatives
- Be across current geopolitical issues, then translate them into potential and future cyber incidents
- Be a customer advocate and help change scope and direction of Threat Intelligence program
- Develop and update threat intelligence procedures and runbooks
- Create and maintain trust networks
- Hold a PV Security Clearance
Ideally you possess some of the following (we still want to talk to you if you don’t!):
- 4+ years of experience in analytical and operational work against advanced threats.
- Have worked at least 3-4 different APT groups (across the globe)
- Experience in one (at least) of the following fields of work:
- National security
- ADF (or overseas defence forces)
- Federal intelligence
- Law enforcement
- Foreign areas
- Knowledge in information security with experience in security operations, vulnerabilities and exploitation, network security, and cloud security.
- Experience using Windows, UNIX/LINUX, and/or MacOS
- Have performed open-source research on a variety of topics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Incident Response, SOC, and/or Forensic Analyst experience preferred
- Experience with malware analysis and/or reverse engineering capabilities is deisred
- Knowledge of common attack types/vectors and associated mitigations
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a global team within industry or government
Our client is consistently one of the Australia’s highest rated employers, offering market-leading benefits including:
- Highly attractive salary package
- An excellent manager
- A culture of learning and career development opportunities
- An environment that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams
- A focus on wellbeing, with flexible work/life arrangements and health/wellbeing programs
- Generous paid maternity leave
- Comprehensive premium medical insurance
- Potential for secondments across the globe
Our client understands that the cloud sector is continually evolving, and to remain at the top of their game, their employees need to be the best in the business so unlimited and continuous training and development including certification is always on offer!
Does this sound like you? Learn more and APPLY today!
Do you know someone in your network who these software roles would be perfect for? Use our one-click referral to refer someone here: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate. and claim a $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS! *
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end consulting, personnel contracting and recruitment services to Australian Government and corporate clients.
We are a proud member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent.
We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.