Are you a highly skilled and experienced Technical Writer?
Do you want to work on exciting projects of national significance?
Then this is the role for you!
- Excellent remuneration - up to $180,000/year - commensurate to clearance & experience (eg; TS PV, SFIA 7)
- Work on long term, sole sourced programs within the Defence and National Intelligence Community
- Birthday day off, paid-for training and upskilling opportunities, additional superannuation and MORE!
Join Team Vertical Scope Group (VSG) Today and assist us in supporting and uplifiting the capability of the Defence and the National Intelligence Community on a sole sourced, mission critical program!
Ideally, you’ll possess...
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and adjust documentation language according to target audiences
- Demonstrated experience in development of both business and technical contexts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in the production and review of systems documentation – product and process documentation appropriate to the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including architecture specifications, process flows, user interface descriptions, glossaries, and dictionaries, for project and BAU support.
- Well developed documentation skills for writing clear and concise technical requirements
- Sound and effective organisation skills, including the ability to manage changes to technical requirements and priorities and work within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team to achieve outcomes to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working within Defence environemnts
About the Role:
As a Technical Writer, you will...
- Undertake the task of technical documentation development and updates for all simulation systems, services, documentation standards, guidelines and practices.
- Provide guidance to project staff and customers, acting as Subject Matter Expert for all documentation activities.
- Utilise your advanced technical writing skills and the ability to interpret and translate Defence documentation.
- Significant experience in multi-disciplinary technical documentation writing, reviews, updates in complying with defence standards.
- Undertake the development, update and revision of technical documentation, including Product, User, System and Process documentation, and coordinate documentation completion with all required stakeholders .
- Ensure technical documentation complies with organisational and customer requirements, documentation standards, guidelines and practices.
Why work for Vertical Scope Group?
Vertical Scope Group are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over a decade’s worth of experience providing end-to-end consulting, professional services and recruitment services nationally to Australian Government and industry.
We are searching for exceptional consultants to join us in providing capability to multiple government panels and global supply chains including the ICT Provider Arrangement (ICTPA), NSW TAS SCN0012 – Talent Acquisition Scheme, Defence, Science and Technology Group (DSTG), BuyICT, People Panel (all categories, all locations, APS1- SES Band3, and Board Placements!)
We are proudly 100% Australian owned and run, possess a Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) Level 3 membership, and have won multiple peak body awards including the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA)’s 2021 ‘Excellence in Social Purpose’, RCSA’s 2022 ‘Excellence in Client Services’, and the 2022 Prime Minister’s National Veteran Employment Award for ‘Excellence in Supporting Veteran and/or Partner Employment’ for VSG’s WorkPath Australia Training and Employment Program.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential discussion around your career and to learn how we can work together.
We offer our permanent consultants a list of perks that range from:
- Birthday day off
- Additional Superannuation Contribution
- Annual Company Conference
- Paid for attendance at award and industry events
- Generous Defence Leave
- Part-time, remote, flexible work options (when available)
- Attractive salaries
- Fortnightly payments
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
- We believe people are our greatest asset, and we will work with and support you throughout your career.
If you are security cleared and would like to discuss other security cleared opportunities available to you, please also apply and a dedicated consultant will contact you to advise.
If you want to join a trusted, reputable, expert consulting firm, and work on exciting defence and national security programs, apply here!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Apply now by submitting your CV and or cover letter and a dedicated recruitment consultant will be in touch.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over here for more details: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidateReferrals warmly welcomed and rewarded!