Are you an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering software solutions within our professional consulting team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work with us as part of our team delivering ICT solutions for a prominent federal Government department in the defence space.
This department requires a Software Engineer to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of software applications across the Generic System Architectures (GxA) product line.
The position is primarily a technical hands-on role, with responsibility for the development of the Standard Operating Environment (SOE), and the associated software tools to support their implementation. These tools will be used to support development and verification of interfaces by industry, and to provide prototype services for use in a production environment.
As part of a small, results oriented team a successful candidate will provide advice and contribute to design decisions for both specific tools sets, and wider architectural and data model implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Experience developing software applications (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with Test Driven Development/Unit Testing
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Broad understanding of Publish Subscribe protocols (e.g. Data Distribution Service)
- Experience with Rational Rhapsody/Data Modelling and/or UML 2.X
- Worked within an Agile development environment
- Experience with web development
The key responsibilities are:
- Work within an agile multi-disciplinary capability delivery team including engineers (software, computer, mechatronics, electronic, mechanical etc), business analysts, designers, developers, architects, administrators, testers and military capability managers
- Development and support of simulation and emulation tools to support OEM system development
- Development and support of applications and system management tools sets to monitor network, security and application performance of implemented systems
- Development of documentation to support use and maintenance of developed applications
- Development of software specifications to support outsourced software development of toolsets
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: 23-8-2021
Location of work: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: Until 30th June 2022
Contract extensions: The organisation may extend for 1 x 12 months
Rate: Up to $140p/h (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Sunday 10-8-2021
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared employment, services and contracting solutions.
We continuously invest in our team of ICT specialists offering our contractors:
- Attractive rates
- Fortnightly payments
- Long term contracts
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!