Adelaide NV2 and PV Security Cleared RF Systems Specialist– Commence Your Career with VSG Today
VSG have been invited by our Defence customer to provide an experienced Scientific and Engineering team who are passionate about delivering mission critical capability to the Department of Defence.
We are seeking both Senior and Junior RF Systems Specialists to join our award winning, security cleared consulting team and work with us to deliver this project.
Our team will:
- Work closely with the customers and other contractors to conduct testing and evaluation of weapon systems, sub-systems and components and associated system documentation within a high security laboratory environment.
- Develop, enhance and maintain capabilities and actively contribute to maintaining a safe working environment for all personnel is essential.
- Work with the customer across a number of scientific and technical disciplines to provide the information required in a timely manner.
- Give presentations of outcomes to representatives of Defence, Industry and other agencies.
- Ensure the program security requirements are met and sustained.
- Work within a high security environment and work with complex ICT systems and document and material management systems in such environments.
RF Systems Specialists will be expected to be able to work with broad direction and will be accountable to plan, lead, support and manage highly complex RF system design and assessment activities supported by strong knowledge base and several years of experience working with RF systems.
There are multiple positions within our team at various levels including Senior RF Systems Specialist and Junior Specialists.
Senior RF Systems Specialist will:
1. Work within a framework of legislation, established principles, work practices and procedures in accordance with Defence’s mission and business objectives.
2. Ensure appropriate application of established principles and will maintain professional, science and engineering standards and authenticity. You will be accountable for analysis, diagnosis, design, planning, and execution and evaluation activities and will work independently in determining methods and strategy.
3. If you are a Senior RF Specialist, you will be accountable to plan and manage the junior specialist and some physical resources; setting work tasks aligned with the program strategic objectives and communicate expected outcomes. You will be accountable for achieving outcomes and progressing work, reviewing performance and focusing on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
4. Manage complex workloads within an integrated workforce.
5. Provide leadership and execute those duties necessary to maintain a safe and effective RF systems test and evaluation laboratory, including learning and complying with procedures, legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
6. Provide leadership and expertise to the design and evaluation of RF pathways within systems and the associated signal and data processing equipment
7. Provide and contribute expertise to the design and execution of test and evaluation activities for both complete and partial RF systems, including the subsequent analysis and interpretation of results.
8. Draft clearly written reports and presentation on RF systems that present outcomes from activities in a timely manner.
9. Facilitate appropriate direction for the team by clearly communicating goals and objectives, resolving problems using expertise and experience, taking the initiative to identify alternate courses of action.
RF Systems Specialists will:
- Apply standard techniques across a range of fields where the work is moderately complex and will determine RF system design methods and strategy with guidance.
- Engage with Stakeholders by identifying the relevant stakeholders’ expectations to deliver services and achieve said outcomes.
- Perform research to assist in the design and evaluation of RF pathways within systems Perform research to assist in the design and evaluation of RF pathways within systems and the associated signal and data processing equipment.
- Contribute to the test and evaluation of both complete and partial RF systems, including the analysis and interpretation of results.
- Draft clearly written reports and presentation on RF systems that present outcomes from activities in a timely manner.
- Carryout those duties necessary to maintain a safe and effective RF systems test and evaluation laboratory, including learning and complying with procedures, legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with team members and actively participate in team work and group activities.
Security clearance: NV2, PV
Location of work: Adelaide
Salary: Up to $240,000 (Pre-Eminent Advisor Level) - Commensurate on ability and experience; open to discussing alternative arrangements
Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday 15 July 2022
Why work for Vertical Scope Group?
Vertical Scope Group are an RCSA award winning (2022 Excellence in Client Service, 2021 Excellence in Social Purpose), security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end consulting services to Australian Government and corporate clients.
We are a proud member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent.
We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We continuously invest in our team and offer our permanent consultants:
- Birthday day off
- Additional Superannuation Contribution
- Novated Leasing
- Annual Company Conference
- Paid for attendance at award and industry events
- Generous Defence Leave
- Part-time, remote, flexible work options (when available)
- Attractive salaries
- Fortnightly payments
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
We believe people are our greatest asset, and we will work with and support you throughout your career.
If you want to join a trusted, reputable, expert consulting firm, and work on exciting defence and national security programs, apply here!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.