Are you an experienced Systems Engineer who is wanting to innovate and own the system design & development within a high-performance engineering team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our client, a market leading innovator in designing, developing and delivering complex and technical AI engineering, RF, and optical systems. Their capability is sold to over 110+ countries across the globe and they are ASX listed.
With a completely in-house team, they value their employees and offer exceptional development and career advancement programs both laterally and vertically. They are an employer of choice, highlighted by the rapid expansion of their team which has grown from 15 to 60 employees in the past year. With a strong global and national footprint, there is amazing growth opportunities!
They invest heavily in R&D (in the tens of millions of dollars) and their team - they want high performers to join their culture of excellence.
This Sydney-based, permanent position is with an award winning, market leading Australian-owned specialist in electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems.
An excellent salary package and benefits are available to the successful candidate between $120,000 - $160,000 commensurate to your experience.
You will receive:
- Great salary, very interesting work, with a great supportive team
- Freedom to implement your ideas in a culture of innovation
- Excellent and rapid career development potential
- On-job training (if required)
- Generous incentives including stock options
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
You will ideally possess:
- Degree (bachelor of above) in a relevant engineering discipline (Communications, Computer, Electronics, Mechanical or equivalent), or equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with electronic warfare, machine learning, or artificial intelligence is highly desirable
- Software systems engineering and/or project management experience highly desirable
- Defence (highly preferable) or high-engineering environment experience
- Knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle - from concept definition and requirements management to verification, acceptance, and support
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory and standards compliance (consumer and military grade electronics/appliances) desirable
- An NV1 security clearance is preferred, however Australian Citizens will be considered
- Project manage the engineering process from initial customer/stakeholder technical engagement through to installation, maintenance, and support of system level projects
- Manage the system verification process before shipment to the end customer
- Ensure test documentation and validation is completed
- Investigate and analyse the products, resolving technical issues to ensure continual improvement
- Develop close relationships with all stakeholders including customers
- Establish strong channels of communication with end customers from a range of technical knowledge and cultural backgrounds
Security clearance: NV1 (preferred), Australian Citizens considered
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Sydney, NSW
Salary: Up to 160k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 17-9-2021
If you are looking for the next step in your engineering career working on exciting and interesting projects, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist you.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.