Join this award winning, high performance and cutting-edge engineering team and environment, become an RF product innovator.
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced RF Electronics Engineer to join our client, an award winning and market leading innovator in designing, developing and delivering complex and technical, RF, AI engineering and optical systems.
You will work with emerging technologies across cutting-edge RF systems end-to-end with a full in-house team designing, developing, testing, manufacturing and exporting their products to over 100+ countries across the globe to both government and corporate clients.
They value their employees and offer exceptional development and career advancement programs both laterally and vertically into management of technical specialisation. They are a solid employer, highlighted by the engineering awards won by both individuals and the organisation. Their team has grown from 30 to 65 employees in the past year.
With a strong global and national footprint, there are amazing growth opportunities both domestic and internationally within the company - in 2021 they doubled their headcount and tripled their revenue!
They invest heavily in R&D (in the tens of millions of dollars) and their team - they want high performers with a focus on creativity and innovation to join their culture of excellence.
This Sydney-based, permanent position is with an award winning, market leading Australian-owned specialist in electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems.
An excellent salary package and benefits are available to the successful candidate between $140,000 - $180,000 commensurate to your experience. If you are seeking different remuneration or responsibility, please get in contact to discuss.
You will receive:
- Great salary, very interesting work, with a great supportive team
- Freedom to implement your ideas in a culture of innovation
- Excellent and rapid career development potential
- On-job training (if required)
- Generous incentives including stock options
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
You will ideally possess:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or Radio Communications Engineering or a relevant field of study, ideally supplemented by 2+ years’ commercial industry experience
- Hands-on experience managing projects throughout the entire development phase from design to testing
- Hands on experience using the following tools and products:
- CST or HFSS
- Experience designing PC Board transmission lines
- Excellent knowledge of RF low signal, RF power amplifier designs, RF filter design (and applications)
- Experience working within an innovative greenfields environment is advantageous
- Broad knowledge of portable, mobile and stationary antennas (up to 12GHz)
- Experience using RF test equipment such as VNA’s (Full S Parameter testing), Spectrum Analysers, RF Signal Generators and Power Meters
- Working knowledge of passive components (hybrid couplers, splitter/combiners, isolators/circulators, etc)
- Knowledge of RF Interference and Passive intermodulation analysis
- Experience measuring antenna pattern data in an anechoic chamber and outdoor test ranges
- Experience of using and programming Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Knowledge of general wireless communication modulation schemes
- In collaboration with other engineers, manage the design, building, prototyping, and testing of new and existing products
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Review and improve existing product lines, refining for quality and performance
- Define the product testing methodology and assist in this process
- Liaise with stakeholders and suppliers, to support the procurement process and enforce quality control procedures where necessary
- Use sound industry practices for documentation and quality control
- Familiarise yourself with global standards applicable to design and testing of electronics and product hardware
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Sydney, NSW
Salary: Up to 180k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 4-2-2022
If you are looking for the next step in your engineering career working on exciting and interesting projects, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist you.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.