Join Vertical Scope Group (VSG) as we prepare for work on Australia’s (all states and territories) largest research and development projects with a prominent Federal Government department!
We are looking for driven and highly skilled Operations Research and Analysis Specialists with various levels of experience from SFIA 1-7 and Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG) Defence Support Services (DSS) Levels 1-5 (Associate, Practitioner, Executive Practitioner, Expert, Pre-eminent Advisor) to work in our national team that VSG are creating for this and other programs and panels.
These projects will be conducted Australia-wide as part of a Standing Offer Panel arrangement which runs over 3 years, with a possible 3-year extension. VSG will be submitting a large, multi-disciplinary, multi-faceted, national team with personnel situated in ACT, VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, NT, WA and TAS.
We want you to be a part of our team effort, and work with us across our portfolio of work across the next 10 years.
We are inviting Expressions of Interest to work with VSG and be included in our submission. If successful, as you are listed as a named consultant in our submission, VSG will always offer you and other named consultants in our team, first choice and opportunity of any work that is released to us. Applying for this and working with VSG will not restrict you from exploring other opportunities. What it means is you will be first in line to work with us when the opportunity presents and can decide at the time whether you wish to accept the work or not.
VSG will be offering permanent, casual and contracting arrangements (whichever is your preference), as well as excellent remuneration and other benefits listed below so that we can build a long term successful working relationship with you.
Benefits on offer to you:
- Fortnightly Pay Cycle
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Superannuation Payments
- Free Payroll Management
- Paid Upskilling and Training DISP Membership
- Security Clearance Sponsorship
- Regular Security Training
- Streamlined Onboarding
- Annual Re-Signing Bonus
- Full Insurance Coverage ($10M PI, $20M PL, WC)
- CV and Criterion Support
- Interview Coaching
- Industry Leading Assignments
- Dedicated Point of Contact
Operations Research and Analysis Specialists will provide services may include but are not limited to:
Leading and/or supporting OR/OA activities
- Scoping the substantive defence problem in conjunction with the task sponsor and stakeholders;
- developing study requirements;
- scenario development;
- selection of methodologies and design methods;
- undertaking necessary model/data accreditation and study quality assurance activities;
- developing appropriate models (conceptual / analytical / numerical / simulation / experimentation); development of evaluation frameworks, including metrics;
- data collection & curation from models and simulations as well as elicitation during live experimentation and wargaming activities;
- analysing the outcomes of such models and interpreting their relevance;
- effectively communicating the results and their implications to the task sponsor and stakeholders;
- Concept Development / Force Design / Force Structure / Force Generation / Force Projection activities
- evaluation and prioritisation of proposed research & development to guide, shape and assess innovation efforts;
- Defence acquisition processes; from needs & requirements analysis through to Tender Evaluation / Test & Evaluation;
- Supply Chain; Through Life Support and Life Cycle Modelling/Analyses; and
- Analysis and evaluation of military tactics, techniques and procedures (own and adversary; current and future)
- Designing, running, adjudicating and analysing seminar wargames; simulated wargames; and military exercises;
- Assisting in the application of Design of Experiments methods to constructive simulation;
- Statistical analysis of datasets generated from military operations, exercises, wargames, simulations and analytical/numerical models
- In ‘real-time’ to support current operations, exercises and wargame activities; and
- ‘post-processing’ after the event;
- Tool creation ranging from MS Excel macros to bespoke programs designed to streamline analysis process for activities ranging from surveys to group discussion to model/simulation results/data capture and visualisation;
- Application of standard OR/OA analytical techniques including mathematical optimisation; queuing analysis /discrete event simulation; network and scheduling analysis; regression, clustering and factor analysis; multi-criteria and fuzzy decision analysis etc applicable to the relevant military domain;
- Application of standard qualitative OR/OA analytical techniques including thematic analysis, facilitation, data capture and analysis of stakeholder group workshops, conduct and data capture of stakeholder interviews, red teaming activities and design, development and analysis of questionnaire instruments; and
- Assist in providing direction and management of large systems of people, machines and materials etc, in a defence environment. Activities may also include decision making exercises in war like scenarios, using prior data and experience.
Consultant Levels: SFIA 1-7, CASG DSS 1-5 (Associate, Practitioner, Executive Practitioner, Expert, Pre-Eminent Advisor
Security clearance: Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV
Location of work: ACT, NSW, VIC, SA, WA, QLD, NT, TAS
Initial term of standing offer panel: 3 years
Extension term of standing offer panel: The department may extend for 3 years
Salary/Rate: Up to $260p/h (Pre-Eminent Advisor Level) - Commensurate on ability and experience
Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday 12-11-2021
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared recruitment, contracting and consulting services.
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone in your network who these roles would be perfect for?
Use our one-click referral to refer someone here: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate and claim a $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS!*