Are you an experienced Network and Security Gateway Engineer who is passionate about delivering migration projects within our professional consulting team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Network and Security Gateway Engineer to work with us as part of our team delivering a Security Gateway Migration for a prominent federal Government department whom we support.
The successful applicant will have experience in this type of migration project and a demonstrated successful delivery history.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of project/sub-program documentation in accordance with requirements and will include any or all of the items below on request:
- System Requirements;
- Solution Overview / High Level System Design Documents;
- Security Solution Architecture Documents;
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Status Reports and briefing material;
- Improvement strategies and plans aligned with broader Department strategies and delivery management arrangements as required.
The successful candidate will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated over three years’ experience in a Network and Security Gateway Engineer role within a public sector context involving classified networks.
- A demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols (OSPF & BGP), firewalls (Fortinet + Palo Alto) / load balancers (F5 LTM & ASM) / IPSEC VPN (Cisco) and HTTP-based applications in general.
- Ability to deliver project outcomes through marshalling external providers, collating information and providing accurate, succinct and unambiguous documentation.
- Ability to develop, follow and champion processes for the migration of systems to ensure minimal impact to users.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating, coordinating and leading key stakeholders to deliver technology outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team including working in a responsive and pragmatic manner in order to deliver timely project outcomes.
The key responsibilities are:
- Undertaking a range of activities in support of the management and operation of the secure Internet gateway, secure systems, data centre and network services
- Liaising with external and internal service providers as required
- Day to day monitoring and support of network and gateway systems including Data Centre technologies, SMTP email systems, SSL Gateways, Load Balancers, Proxy systems, Firewalls and IPS
- Implementing major/minor project work to support initiatives
- Undertaking enhancement and remediation activities across network and gateway systems
- Undertaking BAU tasks and other projects as required
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: 1-10-2021
Location of work: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: Until June 30th 2022
Contract extensions: The organisation may extend for 1 x 12 months
Rate: Up to $140p/h (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Tuesday 3-8-2021
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared employment, services and contracting solutions.
We continuously invest in our team of ICT specialists offering our contractors:
- Attractive rates
- Fortnightly payments
- Long term contracts
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!