Are you an NV1 cleared Kubernetes Engineer who wants to deliver critical infrastructure projects within the National Intelligence Community? Join our award-winning team…
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Kubernetes Engineer to join our Canberra team and directly support our government customers in defence and the national intelligence community.
We need motivated and experienced Kubernetes specialists who are looking to broaden their knowledge in a variety of technologies in an environment where security matters.
You will be responsible for designing, automating and maintaining on-premise Kubernetes solutions that provide as-a-Service platforms to be consumed by engineering teams across the organisation. The experience you gain in upstream Kubernetes will be transferable anywhere and you’ll work in a great team with Kubernetes and Linux specialists.
This unique role will allow you to work to your strengths while gaining experience in modern technologies with automation, open-source applications, systems and security controls.
Ideally you possess some of the following (we still want to talk to you if you don’t 😊):
- Experience with Kubernetes at the infrastructure level (Designing, Automating, Securing, Updating, Migrating, and Maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with Kubernetes distributions that can be utilised in on-premise environments (kubeadm, K3s, Rancher Kubernetes)
- Experience securing Kubernetes, including Creating network policies, Enforcement of policies via admission controllers, Container image scanning
- Linux Administration experience (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu or Debian)
- Sound experience in IaC pipelines and automation utilising continuous integration/delivery tooling
- Excellent client communication skills
Application Deadline: Thursday 20-1-2022
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum) and ability to obtain NV2 (and complete an Occupational Suitability Assessment (OSA))
Estimated start date: 21-3-2022
Location of work: Canberra
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Up to 12 months
Rate: Up to $160p/h (commensurate on experience)
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
Vertical Scope Group are an award-winning, security cleared specialist providing ICT and cyber consulting services to government customers in Defence and the National Intelligence Community.
We are a proud member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
VSG build capability around people and we know our workforce is our greatest asset. We look after our people and invest in our team offering:
- High Contracting Rates and Permanent Salaries
- Fortnightly Pay Cycle
- Security Clearance Sponsorship
- Long-Term Work on Programs of National Significance
- Paid for Training and Upskilling, Commercial Qualifications
- Career Path and Meaningful Employment
- Work on Research and Development and Capability Development
We want you to work with you if you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist. Contact Vertical Scope Group today on 1300 44 377 for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!