Are you an experienced Technical Officer who is passionate about assisting with defence projects within our professional consulting team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Joint Fires Technical Officer to work with us as part of our team delivering Land Network Integration Centre (LNIC) projects.
The successful applicant will have experience in Land Intelligence projects and a demonstrated successful delivery history.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Computing technical engineering degree
- Army operational experience preferably in Joint Fires or Air Defence
- Understanding of IBTN and/or in Joint Fires planning or execution (coordination cell experience including targeting, familiarity with targeting processes, familiar with Royal Australian Artillery doctrine)
- Experience with Network designs
- Familiar with Defence policy and process
- Ability to differentiate between command priorities and Joint Fires requirements
Key role responsibilities:
- Technical and engineering documentation (e.g. test plans and sequences, technical notes, risk assessments, decision briefs) that draw on an understanding of the CLC and engineering underpinnings of defence.
- Contribute to Land Combat System Architecture (LCSA) for Joint Fires.
- Support the development of mission threads for Joint Fires.
- Generate detailed fires test threads across the LCS based on mission threads
- Responses to requests for information from the Land Integration Framework (LIF) and other LNIC and external Joint Fires stakeholders that demonstrate comprehensive critical thinking relating to the integration of multiple systems across multiple technical and strategic domains.
- Document and validate LIF advice for priority 1 & 2 Land programs, including but not limited to: L17 & L19, L8113 & L8116 (primary SME). Draft and develop supporting documentation to formal LIF advice and certification templates and subsequently brief both the LNIC and LCSP Executives and external stakeholders regarding key Joint Fires integration considerations.
- Provide support to exercise and test activities, including development and implementation of test plans for Joint Fires (baseline for Joint Fires Army), technical advice, troubleshooting and reporting and analysis. Analysis in particular should demonstrate the capability to understand, or an existing understanding of basic data analysis/statics of system performance.
- Support to the maintenance and operation of the Joint Fires components of the Land Network Battle Lab demonstrating a base ICT capability to install, configure, manage, and organise software and operation systems in support for Fires testing and analysis including: Windows, Linux, and key Fires applications (e.g. AFATDS).
- Drive innovation opportunities through the submission of proposals in verbal and written briefs as required, and undertaking related tasks to progress innovation works; demonstrating a capability to understand, or an existing understanding, of scripting and high level programming (e.g. python, etc) to write utility or test functions associated with integration and innovation efforts.
- Through the above, demonstrate a capability to understand, or an existing understanding, of the specific implementation details of TDL and Fires formats (e.g. MILSTD 2045-47001, MILSTD 188-220, MILSTD 6017, MILSTD 6016, MILSTD3011, and variants)
- Inform both LNIC and CS Program Executive of task status, including reporting on identified risks/issues and proposed mitigation actions.
- Represent LNIC and CS Program within Joint Fires forums which include external stakeholders.
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: 22-11-2021
Location of work: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 31 months
Contract extensions: The organisation may extend for 2 x 12 months
Salary/Rate: Up to 220k p/y or $150p/h (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Thursday 28-10-2021
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared recruitment, contracting and consulting services and hold a Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) membership.
We continuously invest in our team of ICT specialists offering our contractors:
- Attractive rates
- Fortnightly payments
- Long term contracts
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!