Are you an experienced Java Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering software and application projects of national significance? This is the role for you!
Our client is a leading employer, trusted by the Australian government and military to deliver mission critical software and systems that keep our country safe and secure. A truly global company with a large footprint across Australia delivering intelligence, defence, logistics, digital modernisation and health solutions. They continue to win large programs of work and grow year on year whilst maintaining a strong customer focus with their customer centric ethos.
They recognise their employees are key to their success and offer continuous development programs and opportunities for career advancement both laterally and vertically. They value and reward loyalty with their staff and have a keen social conscience driving change and involvement with charity.
Vertical Scope Group are proud to work closely with them delivering programs of work of national significance and assist their growth and dominance in the market.
You will be an integral part of their dedicated multidisciplinary software engineering team delivering cutting-edge cybersecurity capability for Federal Government on this mission critical software program.
Working closely with your team, you will develop and deliver the software system solution end-to-end in this highly secure environment. Dependent on seniority, you might find yourself liaising closely with the customer to ensure their mission is supported and reached.
An excellent salary package and benefits are available to the successful candidate between $130,000 - $170,000 commensurate to your experience. We are looking for Software Engineers at all levels and junior and senior software engineers seeking difference remuneration and responsibility are warmly welcomed to still apply.
- Excellent career development and mentoring opportunities
- Access to learning platforms
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
- Discounts on health insurance
- Novated leasing available
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (primary carer)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Solid Java software engineering experience with understanding of Open Source Software (OSS) frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of a broad range of skills including interface protocols and software, systems, security and enterprise architecture
- Applicants with a security clearance (particularly NV1 or above) will be viewed favourably
The key responsibilities are:
- Work in an Agile environment, collaborating with a multidisciplinary cross-domain engineering team on complex software solutions of national significance
- Design and develop software utilising Enterprise Software systems and the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) technologies and frameworks
- Assist with requirements gathering and apply this across the business and technical requirements
- Be involved with system integration, testing and release/deployment
- Work effectively and cohesively within your software & systems engineering team, management and other internal and external teams
- Be customer centric
Security clearance: Ability to obtain an NV1 security clearance
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Melbourne, Victoria
Salary: $130-170k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 17-9-2021
To take the next step in your software engineering career, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.