SUBJECT: IT Network Engineer – Federal Government | NV1 (minimum)
Are you an experienced IT Network Engineer who is passionate about managing and delivering Cyber related IM&T projects? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced IT Network Engineer to work with us as part of our team delivering cyber information management and technology projects for a prominent federal Government department whom we support.
The engineer will be part of a dedicated team managing and supporting a number of cyber related IM&T Projects on research networks, based on Cisco equipment and technology.
The successful applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience administering, managing and supporting IT networks, preferably Cisco-based.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience/qualifications in the following:
- Cisco Routing and switching (NAC and 802.1x)
- Cisco ASA Firewall
- Designing and implementing Cisco network solutions
- Configuring and supporting Cisco network equipment including routers and switches,
- Physical installation of routers and switches
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Cisco ACI (desirable)
- VMWare NSX (desirable)
- Some experience or exposure to on premise cloud technologies (desirable)
- Palo Alto Next Gen Firewall and Panorama management tool (desirable)
- Cisco CCNP or CCNA (desirable)
The role requires the following skills:
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a member of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients at multiple organisational levels.
- Internal and external customer relationship management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listening and problem-solving skills
- Effective meeting facilitation skills
- Responds strongly and positively to challenging work and deadlines
- Proficient in troubleshooting, investigation and reverse engineering of complex and undocumented systems.
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: 30-8-2021
Location of work: South Australia & Victoria
Length of contract: Until June 30th 2022
Contract extensions: The organisation may extend for 2 x 6 months
Rate: Up to $160p/h (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Tuesday 17-8-2021
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared employment, services and contracting solutions.
We continuously invest in our team of ICT specialists offering our contractors:
- Attractive rates
- Fortnightly payments
- Long term contracts
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.