Are you an experienced Embedded Software & FPGA Engineer wanting to own, innovate and develop complex software solutions? Join this award winning, high performance and cutting-edge engineering team and environment!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Embedded Software & FPGA Engineer to join our client, an award winning and market leading innovator in designing, developing, and delivering complex and technical, RF, AI engineering and optical systems.
You will work with emerging technologies across cutting-edge RF systems end-to-end with a full in-house team designing, developing, testing, manufacturing, and exporting their products to over 100+ countries across the globe to both government and corporate clients.
They value their employees and offer exceptional development and career advancement programs both laterally and vertically into management of technical specialisation. They are a solid employer, highlighted by the engineering awards won by both individuals and the organisation. Their team has grown from 30 to 65 employees in the past year.
With a strong global and national footprint, there are amazing growth opportunities both domestic and internationally within the company - in 2021 they doubled their headcount and tripled their revenue!
They invest heavily in R&D (in the tens of millions of dollars) and their team - they want high performers with a focus on creativity and innovation to join their culture of excellence.
This Sydney-based, permanent position is with an award winning, market leading Australian-owned specialist in electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems.
An excellent salary package and benefits are available to the successful candidate between $140,000 - $180,000 commensurate to your experience. If you are seeking different remuneration or responsibility, please get in contact to discuss.
You will receive:
- Great salary, very interesting work, with a great supportive team
- Freedom to implement your ideas in a culture of innovation
- Excellent and rapid career development potential
- On-job training (if required)
- Generous incentives including stock options
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
You will ideally possess:
- A degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, computer science and/or relevant commercial industry experience
- Experience with complete product development life cycle from design to testing
- Experience working within dynamic greenfield environments
- Knowledge on RF propagation and physical layer of various wireless standards such as 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi and 5G
- Experience implementing DSP techniques (with emphasis on physical layer of wireless communication systems)
- Strong experience (2+ years) of FPGA development
- Hands-on experience using:
- Verilog (ideal)
- Xilinx FPGA software tools such as Vivado.
- Fixed point C
- Embedded Linux development
- Experience of using and programming Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Experience developing FPGA implementations (ideally with ML-based solutions)
- Conduct system modelling using MATLAB/Simulink
- Implement various DSP algorithms, digital filtering, correlation, RF sensing, detection and various signal generation and transmission techniques on FPGA
- Implement signal processing algorithms for multiple input and multiple output (MIMO) antenna systems
- Work with Xilinx FPGA using tools from MATLAB (HDL code generation)
- Provide FPGA resource optimisation, integration, and testing
- Signal capture of Physical layer RF and I/Q signal analysis using the dedicated test equipment
- Develop Python scripts for automated performance testing and configuration management
- Design and develop algorithms
- Design and develop software features from concept to delivery
- Conduct technical performance testing, product testing, verification, and validation
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Sydney, NSW
Salary: Up to 180k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 4-2-2022
If you are looking for the next step in your engineering career working on exciting and interesting projects, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist you.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.