Cloud & Cyber Security Engineers / Architects with the RIGHT stuff, needed to design, develop, and implement solutions within this new Cloud Cyber Security business as part of Canberra’s largest cyber practice... this is the next BIG step in your career paying handsomely between $140,000 – $220,000 base + Super!
Working closely with the Directors and Partners of this Cyber Security Practice, , you will be responsible for engineering and/or architecting cloud and cloud cyber solutions on Azure and AWS platforms.
This is a newly established Cloud Security business within the Cyber Security Practice and joins 5 other businesses across the Cyber Security Practice. This is a long-term strategic business objective , has massive funding to ensure success, and is an opportunity to drive and influence business change and cloud security for clients. This fully funded business has head count approval for this calendar year for between 30-50 new employees and we are focused on finding the right professionals to head up the Cloud Security capability, someone with a strategic mindset focused on long term growth and development, not just the next quarter.
You will have a successful history of delivering pipelines of work, strong customer facing skills, working with teams add to the businesses capability, and have a stellar reputation across the cyber industry and working within Federal Government.
You will become part of this global management consulting firm working across Federal Government, Cyber, and ICT, within this Cyber Cloud Security business which is the biggest cyber practice in Canberra!
Our client is seeking high calibre, experienced and talented engineers and architects who shares their values and purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change.
This is a full-time position, offering exceptional career pathways and a base salary of up to $220,000 per annum (commensurate to experience)!
- Have broad knowledge of all aspects of Cloud technologies (Azure and AWS) and Cyber security
- Be responsible for understanding and elaborating on client requirements and developing solutions that meet these needs in a customer facing role
- Define the technical solution, utilising best practices for cloud architecture and automation of engineering tasks and functions
- Drive specific cloud-related business requirements
- Provide input to the strategic development of the organisation cloud and automation capability and offerings
- Produce solution and client documentation - designs, solution build, technical assessments, instructions, and procedures
- Facilitate a sophisticated uncommon set of solutions, leveraging the RMS to deliver a unique bespoke solution
Ideally you possess some of the following (we still want to talk to you if you don’t!):
- Certification requirements (at least one) – Microsoft AZ-103, AZ-300, AZ301, AZ-500, (or equivalent AWS or Google Cloud certifications)
- Desirable certifications - TOGAF, ITIL, , CISSP, etc.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture/engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used
- Experience working within an enterprise or government environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of distributed teams
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organisational structure of the department to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
Our client is consistently one of the Australia’s highest rated employers, offering market-leading benefits including:
- Highly attractive salary package
- A culture of learning and career development opportunities
- An environment of inclusivity, diversity and social awareness
- A focus on wellbeing, with flexible work/life arrangements and health/wellbeing programs
- Paid-for professional memberships
- Financial/leave assistance for postgraduate studies
- Career breaks and additional annual leave available
- 20+ weeks of flexible paid parental leave
- Potential for secondments across the globe
Our client understands that the cyber sector is continually evolving, and to remain at the top of the pyramid, their employees need to be the best in the business so unlimited and continuous training and development including certification is always on offer!
Does this sound like you? Learn more and APPLY today!
Do you know someone in your network who these software roles would be perfect for? Use our one-click referral to refer someone here: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate. and claim a $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS! *
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end consulting, personnel contracting and recruitment services to Australian Government and corporate clients.
We are a proud member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent.
We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.