Are you an experienced Capability Manager with experience in translating strategic capability requirements into service?
Are you TS PV cleared and wanting to work on mission critical, defensive cyber projects with Defence?
....Then this is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking high calibre and motivated individuals who are experienced in delivering operational capability with requirements of project test, evaluation and acceptance programs in mind. The Capability Manager will advocate and prioritise capability requirements, prepare and deliver project briefs and reports for leadership, as well as manage project risk and budgets. The Capability Manager will oversee the establishment of programs for ongoing capability growth, and will have an in depth understanding of the organisational complexities within Defence, and a deep understanding of the intent of the One Defence Capability System.
This role offers:
- Excellent salaries and rates (up to $260k + base/ $220 ph for SFIA 7, TS PV cleared)
- Ability to work on mission critical programs of national significance
- Flexibility to work on permanent, casual or contracting basis - whatever works for you!
- Possess an active TS PV security clearance
- Located in Canberra
- Experience in developing and managing plans for capability realisation for the cyberspace operations capabilities
Possess effective stakeholders engagement and communication skills
- Effective upskilling of project workforce, knowledge sharing and guidance of less experienced project members
- Possess knowledge of Defence environments and One Defence Capability System
- Proven background in the timely delivery of projects, programs, and approved plans.
About the Role:
This position is key to facilitating stakeholder engagement, and developing and implementing solutions to non‑traditional and dynamic project activities. The position will be vital to securing agreement and participation from across the Services and Groups during planning and implementation of a wide range of capability realisation activities. The project has adopted an iterative and evolutionary delivery approach, and requires the Capability Manager to plan, implement and manage a rolling Operational Test and Evaluation program and specific capability realisation packages supporting the transition of cyberspace capability into service.
As the Capability Manager, you will be expected to...
Engage, negotiate and sustain effective relationships across the Services and Groups on very complex project issues to understand and influence stakeholders
- Coordinate complex briefing material, correspondence and reports on relevant policy, governance or capability matters and initiatives
- Plan, develop and implement the initial program of Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) activities to generate the necessary evidence to support declared IOC
- Develop plans for ongoing incremental OT&E beyond IOC that are consistent with Defence T&E strategies and support the iterative and evolutionary approach to capability delivery
- Facilitate capability realisation requirements elicitation workshops across stakeholders to develop use case scenarios for each operational unit in support of OT&E activities
- Support the implementation of the necessary management systems to effectively and efficiently employ Defence’s cyber range
Why work for Vertical Scope Group?
Vertical Scope Group are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over a decade’s worth of experience providing end-to-end consulting, professional services and recruitment services nationally to Australian Government and industry.
We are searching for exceptional consultants to join us in providing capability to multiple government panels and global supply chains including the ICT Provider Arrangement (ICTPA), NSW TAS SCN0012 – Talent Acquisition Scheme, Defence, Science and Technology Group (DSTG), BuyICT, People Panel (all categories, all locations, APS1- SES Band3, and Board Placements!)
We are proudly 100% Australian owned and run, possess a Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) Level 3 membership, and have won multiple peak body awards including the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA)’s 2021 ‘Excellence in Social Purpose’, RCSA’s 2022 ‘Excellence in Client Services’, and the 2022 Prime Minister’s National Veteran Employment Award for ‘Excellence in Supporting Veteran and/or Partner Employment’ for VSG’s WorkPath Australia Training and Employment Program.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential discussion around your career and to learn how we can work together.
We offer our permanent consultants a list of perks that range from:
- Birthday day off
- Additional Superannuation Contribution
- Annual Company Conference
- Paid for attendance at award and industry events
- Generous Defence Leave
- Part-time, remote, flexible work options (when available)
- Attractive salaries
- Fortnightly payments
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
We believe people are our greatest asset, and we will work with and support you throughout your career.
If you are security cleared and would like to discuss other security cleared opportunities available to you, please also apply and a dedicated consultant will contact you to advise.
If you want to join a trusted, reputable, expert consulting firm, and work on exciting defence and national security programs, apply here!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Apply now by submitting your CV and or cover letter and a dedicated recruitment consultant will be in touch.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate Referrals warmly welcomed and rewarded!