Are you an experienced Azure Cloud Architect who is passionate about leading cloud and hybrid-cloud projects? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced cloud architect to join our client, a global leading cyber security consulting firm known for its excellence in strategic and transformative services for industry partners such as defence & national security, banking, supermarket, and projects of national significance.
They are passionate about upscaling industry and developing knowledge, cultivating best-in-class expertise by investing in their employees and cutting-edge technology.
With 1 in 3 people promoted in their cyber business every 6 months, their cyber business is rapidly expanding and want YOU to join them as they scale across the Australian landscape. They embrace different ways of thinking and diverse work experience, providing the platform and creating positively differentiated working environments to nurture you to realise your full potential and feel valued.
Employees are at the very heart of their values, setting them apart by offering personalised benefits and perks noting that their workforce consists of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and life stages.
This is a full-time position offering excellent career pathways, benefits and total salary package of up to $190k per annum (commensurate on experience).
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career breaks and cultural, community & study leave
- Exclusive discounts and perks for over 100 leading retailers
- Employee recognition awards and recognition
- Professional qualification subsidies and proprietary learning platforms
- Career progression pathways and mentoring
- Salary packaging options, including assisted vehicle ownership
- Wellbeing programs including financial support, mental health support, recharge leave and wellbeing days
- 18-weeks paid parental leave
- Provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal.
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guide engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout full life cycle
- Analytical/decision-making responsibilities
- Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certification requirements (at least one) – Microsoft AZ-300, AZ301, AZ-500, AZ-103 (or equivalent AWS certifications)
- Desirable certifications - TOGAF, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, etc.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used
- Experience working within an enterprise or government environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of distributed teams
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organisational structure of the department to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Canberra
Salary: Up to 190k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 20-8-2021
If you are looking for the next step in your architecture career working on exciting and interesting projects of national significance, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.