Are you an experienced Azure Cloud Architect who is passionate about leading cloud and hybrid-cloud projects of national significance? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced cloud architect to join our client, a specialist in assurance (testing and automation), security (cyber and application) and digital (engineering, analytics and experience design) transformation solutions across a various of high-profile sectors including defence & national security, finance, telecommunications and infrastructure.
With their Australian-heritage, they are trusted to provide on-shore solutions for Australia’s largest and most recognised organisations. With over 600 consultants across the country, their team is rapidly expanding, creating and delivering innovative product, systems and software solutions and want YOU to be part of their exciting evolution.
They are looking to attract individuals who are passionate about driving innovation to be part of their high performance, fun and inclusive environment. You will be challenged, yet supported, to grow and be the best version of YOU!
This is a full-time position, offering excellent career pathways and salary package of up to 200k per annum (commensurate on experience).
- Strong career development pathways including training programs, mentoring and peer support
- Work with some of the most highly respected professionals and leaders in cloud and cyber security
- Drive digital transformation in a variety of sectors
- Structured hands-on learning, working with high-profile clients and emerging, cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Build professional relationships via networking events
- Flexible work from home and office arrangements
- Provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more cloud architects to address a goal.
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guide engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout full life cycle
- Analytical/decision-making responsibilities
- Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certification requirements (at least one) – Microsoft AZ-300, AZ301, AZ-500, AZ-103 (or equivalent AWS certifications)
- Desirable certifications - TOGAF, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, etc.
- solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used
- Experience working within an enterprise or government environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of distributed teams
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organisational structure of the department to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney
Salary: Up to 200k package (commensurate on experience).
Application Deadline: Friday 20-8-2021
If you are looking for the next step in your architecture career working on exciting and interesting projects of national significance, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.