- Executive Assistant for SES Band Officers in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NV2 Security Clearance Essential)
- Contract until March 2024 (plus 2 x 6mo. extensions)
- Excellent rates offered, ranging from $60-$85/hr, and receive perks such as an additional 1% in superannuation (12% total)!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Executive Assistant to work with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) at the APS5 level. Be part of VSG's successful track record in providing Expert, Trusted and Reputable individuals for DFAT and join us today!
As an Executive Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing administrative support to SES Band Officers. Your exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be essential in ensuring the smooth operation of our clients' offices.
You will be an experienced administration professional, with the ability to operate under general direction, providing specialist administrative support, and advice to influence the decisions made by others.
This role calls for an individual that is highly organised, personable, flexible and agile. You will understand customer centricity and be comfortable with conversing and interacting with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You possess a proven ability to think on your feet and proactively find solutions to issues as and when they arise.
You will have a strong understanding of the bigger picture and your proactiveness will be crucial in supporting the DSD Senior Executive.
You will also...
- have an NV2 security clearance
- have excellent interpersonal skills – as the ‘face of the office’ be able to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- be approachable and build and sustain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- be highly organised – adept at managing multiple diaries and the reprioritisation of tasks to accommodate competing and changing priorities.
- thrive in a high-volume environment, working with limited direction and supervision.
- handle sensitive information with tact and discretion, maintain confidentiality and adhere to the APS Code of Conduct and values.
About the Role:
As an Executive Assistant you will work collaboratively with the Executive Officer to manage the office and diary of multiple SES Officers.
Your responsibilities include...
- managing the SES Officer/s email inbox, calendar and appointments, and associated briefing requests.
- coordinating and prepare meeting briefs, papers, minutes and correspondence, including task tracking to ensure tasks are completed according to priority and deadlines.
- managing office systems and records using Microsoft Office, SAP, PDMS and TRIM (electronic file management systems)
- undertaking research and analysis to support project and administration or coordination tasks.
- organising domestic and international travel, including visa applications, travel itineraries and financial reconciliations.
- operating with discretion and use judgement in managing the flow of work and visitors for your SES.
- working collaboratively across the department to achieve outcomes.
- providing support and assistance to the administrative coordination units in your work area.
Vertical Scope Group are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over a decade’s worth of experience providing end-to-end consulting, professional services and recruitment services nationally to Australian Government and industry.
We are searching for exceptional consultants to join us in providing capability to multiple government panels and global supply chains including the ICT Provider Arrangement (ICTPA), NSW TAS SCN0012 – Talent Acquisition Scheme, Defence, Science and Technology Group (DSTG), BuyICT, People Panel (all categories, all locations, APS1- SES Band3, and Board Placements!)
We are proudly 100% Australian owned and run, possess a Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) Level 3 membership, and have won multiple peak body awards including the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA)’s 2021 ‘Excellence in Social Purpose’, RCSA’s 2022 ‘Excellence in Client Services’, and the 2022 Prime Minister’s National Veteran Employment Award for ‘Excellence in Supporting Veteran and/or Partner Employment’ for VSG’s WorkPath Australia Training and Employment Program.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential discussion around your career and to learn how we can work together.
We offer our permanent consultants a list of perks that range from:
- Birthday day off
- Additional Superannuation Contribution
- Annual Company Conference
- Paid for attendance at award and industry events
- Generous Defence Leave
- Part-time, remote, flexible work options (when available)
- Attractive rates and salaries
- Fortnightly payments
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
We believe people are our greatest asset, and we will work with and support you throughout your career.
If you are security cleared and would like to discuss other security cleared opportunities available to you, please also apply and a dedicated consultant will contact you to advise.
If you want to join a trusted, reputable, expert consulting firm, and work on exciting defence and national security programs, apply here!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Apply now by submitting your CV and or cover letter and a dedicated recruitment consultant will be in touch.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our referral page for further details: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate Referrals warmly welcomed and rewarded!