Are you an experienced Application Security Engineer who is passionate about leading cloud and hybrid-cloud projects of national significance? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Application Security Engineer to join our client, a specialist in assurance (testing and automation), security (cyber and application) and digital (engineering, analytics and experience design) transformation solutions across a various of high-profile sectors including defence & national security, finance, telecommunications and infrastructure.
With their Australian-heritage, they are trusted to provide on-shore solutions for Australia’s largest and most recognised organisations. With over 600 consultants across the country, their team is rapidly expanding, creating and delivering innovative product, systems and software solutions and want YOU to be part of their exciting evolution.
They are looking to attract individuals who are passionate about driving innovation to be part of their high performance, fun and inclusive environment. You will be challenged, yet supported, to grow and be the best version of YOU!
This is a full-time position, offering excellent career pathways and salary package of up to $160,000 per annum.
- Strong career development pathways including training programs, mentoring and peer support
- Work with some of the most highly respected professionals and leaders in application development
- Drive digital transformation in a variety of sectors
- Structured hands-on learning, working with high-profile clients and emerging, cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Build professional relationships via networking events
- Flexible work from home and office arrangements
- Translate risk management practices and application security discoveries into code fixes
- Investigate weak points within an application’s security
- Work alongside developers to fix vulnerabilities
- Educate clients on how to build secure software
- Provide guidance in automation of security testing
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2-5+ years hands-on/technical experience in secure code review
- OSCP or OSWE certified
- Experience programming with ava, C# and NodeJs
- Experience using automation tools such as Microfocus Fortify, Veracode or Checkmarx
- Ideally experience with penetration testing
- Knowledge of containerisation (ideally Docker)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of development build tools (Maven, Azure DevOps, npm, etc)
- Knowledge of source control systems (Git, Azure DevOps Server, etc)
- Strong knowledge of vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25, etc)
- Clear communication (written/verbal)
- Experience report writing skills
Security clearance: Ability to obtain (current security clearance preferred)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra
Salary: Up to 160k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 3-9-2021
If you are looking for the next step in your application security career working on exciting and interesting projects of national significance, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.