Join Vertical Scope Group (VSG) as we prepare for work on Australia’s (all states and territories) largest research and development projects with a prominent Federal Government department!
We are looking for driven and highly skilled Software Engineers with various levels of experience from SFIA 1-7 and Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG) Defence Support Services (DSS) Levels 1-5 (Associate, Practitioner, Executive Practitioner, Expert, Pre-eminent Advisor) to work in our national team that VSG are creating for this and other programs and panels.
These projects will be conducted Australia-wide as part of a Standing Offer Panel arrangement which runs over 3 years, with a possible 3-year extension. VSG will be submitting a large, multi-disciplinary, multi-faceted, national team with personnel situated in ACT, VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, NT, WA and TAS.
We want you to be a part of our team effort, and work with us across our portfolio of work across the next 10 years.
We are inviting Expressions of Interest to work with VSG and be included in our submission. If successful, as you are listed as a named consultant in our submission, VSG will always offer you and other named consultants in our team, first choice and opportunity of any work that is released to us. Applying for this and working with VSG will not restrict you from exploring other opportunities. What it means is you will be first in line to work with us when the opportunity presents and can decide at the time whether you wish to accept the work or not.
VSG will be offering permanent, casual and contracting arrangements (whichever is your preference), as well as excellent remuneration and other benefits listed below so that we can build a long term successful working relationship with you.
Benefits on offer to you:
- Fortnightly Pay Cycle
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Superannuation Payments
- Free Payroll Management
- Paid Upskilling and Training DISP Membership
- Security Clearance Sponsorship
- Regular Security Training
- Streamlined Onboarding
- Annual Re-Signing Bonus
- Full Insurance Coverage ($10M PI, $20M PL, WC)
- CV and Criterion Support
- Interview Coaching
- Industry Leading Assignments
- Dedicated Point of Contact
The Software Engineer will provide design and development services. The services may include but are not limited to:
- Development of software architectures and new techniques for modelling and simulation capability, e.g. real time control software into development of software architectures and new techniques for modelling and simulation capability, including applications of game technology;
- Modern programming techniques and tools for software application development, including object oriented approaches, distributed and parallel programming techniques, embedded techniques, middleware, driver software, GPU programming, web-based and Geospatial Information Systems;
- Hardware abstraction layer/middleware software development techniques and tools;
- Networking and advanced protocol development i.e. TCP/IP stack, USB stack;
- Performance benchmarking through code optimisation of code;
- Configuration management and documentation of software development and hardware infrastructure;
- Complex algorithm implementation;
- Testing & evaluation including verification & validation;
- Integration of simulation systems (e.g. wargames) with command support systems (to enable simulation based stimulation of and information exchange with the command support systems);
- System integration and interoperability e.g. integration of software and hardware components;
- Software architecture and stack development for prototypes and demonstrators of novel Defence related information environments;
- Distributed computing, including virtualisation and distributed deployments of models and simulations, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Cloud computing and containerisation;
- Database design and administration, utilising skills in, but not limited to relational databases such as PostgreSQL & MySQL, and NoSQL, object stores and distributed databases such as MongoDB, Ceph, and Hadoop respectively;
- Knowledge, experience and expertise in establishing and effective utilisation of DevSecOps;
- Emerging software development methodologies;
- Implementation of information analytics;
- Implementing real time (time critical) software development and operating systems;
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) best practices;
- Visualisation techniques and technologies; and
- Information exchange standards and ontologies.
Consultant Levels: SFIA 1-7, CASG DSS 1-5 (Associate, Practitioner, Executive Practitioner, Expert, Pre-Eminent Advisor
Security clearance: Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV
Location of work: ACT, NSW, VIC, SA, WA, QLD, NT, TAS
Initial term of standing offer panel: 3 years
Extension term of standing offer panel: The department may extend for 3 years
Salary/Rate: Up to $260p/h (Pre-Eminent Advisor Level) - Commensurate on ability and experience
Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday 12-11-2021
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared recruitment, contracting and consulting services.
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!