Are you an experienced Python Developer who is passionate about hardening Australia’s cyber defences to ensure sovereign networks are secure and reliable? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Senior Python Developer to work with us as part of our team delivering tactical services for a prominent federal Government department whom we support.
VSG are security cleared ICT specialists and directly provide our employees and personnel to government departments including ASD, DFAT, AGD, DAWE and others. We are also a proud DISP member.
Reporting to the project team, this role will provide software engineering input and provide key architectural and code input to the department’s program. The position would require a fundamental understanding of internet services, networking, distributed systems and modern software engineering best practices.
The program is an automated discovery and reporting process that identify cyber hygiene issues in federal, state and territory, and local government internet-facing IT services.
To be successful in this senior Python developer role, you will possess specific and broad knowledge of:
- Software engineering concepts
- Programming languages
- Cloud IaaS services
- Linux Containers
- System architecture
- Linux and Cloud security best practice
Be proficient in:
- Developing using the Python programming language
- Best practice software engineering practices
- Leading a team of developers
- Using software engineering tools
- Developing using the Bash shell and associated scripting language
- Deploying code using Linux containers
- Designing and deploying a distributed system using cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Developing a system using database products (such as PostgreSQL)
- Developing a system using messaging products (such as RabbitMQ)
Major responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that program’s technical functionality is delivered on-time and to specifications
- Writing code to deliver the technical functionality
- Ensuring that code is developing using best practice principles
- Supporting, guiding and mentoring other developers in the development process
- Supporting the program through planning and implementation for future capabilities
- Developing software engineering technical artefacts
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: 4-10-2021
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months including an initial 3 month probation period
Contract extensions: 12 months subject to funds availability and Organisational Suitability Assessment
Rate: Up to $150/hr (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Tuesday 31-8-2021
To take the next step in your career, APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Why work with Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are at the cutting edge of security cleared employment, services and contracting solutions.
We continuously invest in our team of ICT specialists offering our contractors:
- Attractive rates
- Fortnightly payments
- Long term contracts
- Diverse programs to work on
- Professional upskilling with RTO partners including budget for commercial qualifications
If you’re interested in working for a trusted, reputable and expert security cleared ICT specialist, contact Vertical Scope Group today for a confidential discussion and take the first steps to transform your career today.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.