Experienced and enthusiastic Cloud Architects required to delight and deliver cloud solutions within the federal government sector for one of the world’s largest ICT Software and Services companies. This opportunity will give YOU excellent career development potential and enticing renumeration of up to $230,000 base + super + other benefits!
Working within a vibrant and rewarding workplace that is consistently rated as one of the employers of choice worldwide, you will join an expanding engineering team working with cutting-edge cloud services delivering solutions across a wide range of industries including defence and national security.
Our client has been transforming the world of business in ICT for over 30 years, recently leading the delivery of public cloud application on their proprietary platform and offering complete services required to build innovative cloud applications.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture, you will have a successful history of delivering the full cloud-related project lifecycle, strong customer facing skills, working with teams add to the businesses capability, and have a stellar reputation across the cloud sector – ideally working within Federal Government.
Our client is seeking high calibre, experienced and talented cloud architects who shares their values and purpose of reimagining cloud solutions, transforming the world of business, and developing the tools to outpace change!
This is a full-time position, offering exceptional career development and a base salary of up to $230,000 + super + other benefits per annum (commensurate to experience)!
- Be customer-focused and responsible for the full adoption lifecycle from project end-to-end and be highly technically competent
- Have awareness of the customer’s topology and identify opportunities for improvement
- Drive and provide strategy in collaboration with the customer and Cloud Sales Representative
- Monitor the health of customer adoption and identify/resolve and issues including business KPIs
- Be responsible for renewal/consumption growth
- Understand the customer’s overall portfolio, IT and business priorities, developing solutions in-line with customer’s requirements
- Be the trusted advisor for customers
- Champion and inform customers/prospects on emerging technologies, detailing how they will create value and competitive advantage
Ideally you possess some of the following (we still want to talk to you if you don’t!):
- 5+ years of hands-on technical or pre-sales experience
- 3+ years of cloud computing knowledge and experience (ideally within defence and/or national security)
- Certifications in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Oracle, GCP)
- Certifications in OCI and/or database cloud service (highly desirable)
- Broad experience of cloud solutions, plus extensive experience in implementing and accompanying customers in cloud technology adoption including a good understanding of cloud architecture – both hybrid and on cloud.
- Leadership capability including the ability to delegate responsibility to other teams and skillsets
- Willingness to learn and be the champion of PaaS and IaaS products across both simple to complex and large-scale cloud projects
- Hands-on experience in related technologies e.g. Java, integration, mobile, security, storage, and networking.
- Ability to translate needs into solutions leading to customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of management (e.g. IT management, architects, admins and executives.
- Familiarity with 3rd party architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, ECal)
- Experience in engaging stakeholders and influencing senior leaders
- Ability to build relationships to grow business
- Experience in understanding complex customer ecosystems with the ability to translate customer needs into workable solutions
- A current Australian security clearance is desirable
Our client is consistently one of the Australia’s highest rated employers, offering market-leading benefits including:
- Highly attractive salary package
- An excellent manager
- A culture of learning and career development opportunities
- An environment that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams
- A focus on wellbeing, with flexible work/life arrangements and health/wellbeing programs
- Generous paid maternity leave
- Comprehensive premium medical insurance
- Potential for secondments across the globe
Our client understands that the cloud sector is continually evolving, and to remain at the top of their game, their employees need to be the best in the business so unlimited and continuous training and development including certification is always on offer!
Does this sound like you? Learn more and APPLY today!
Do you know someone in your network who these software roles would be perfect for? Use our one-click referral to refer someone here: www.verticalscope.com.au/refer-a-candidate. and claim a $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS! *
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
VSG are an award winning, security cleared, ICT and cyber specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end consulting, personnel contracting and recruitment services to Australian Government and corporate clients.
We are a proud member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent.
We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities