Are you an experienced C++ Software Engineer who is wanting to develop, innovate and own backend services within a high-performance engineering team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join our client, a market leading innovator in designing, developing and delivering complex and technical AI engineering, RF, and optical systems. Their capability is sold to over 110+ countries across the globe and they are ASX listed.
With a completely in-house team, they value their employees and offer exceptional development and career advancement programs both laterally and vertically. They are an employer of choice, highlighted by the rapid expansion of their team which has grown from 15 to 60 employees in the past year. With a strong global and national footprint, there is amazing growth opportunities!
They invest heavily in R&D (in the tens of millions of dollars) and their team - they want high performers to join their culture of excellence.
This Sydney-based, permanent position is with an award winning, market leading Australian-owned specialist in electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems.
An excellent salary package and benefits are available to the successful candidate between $120,000 - $160,000 commensurate to your experience.
You will receive:
- Great salary, very interesting work, with a great supportive team
- Freedom to express your ideas in a culture of innovation
- Excellent and rapid career development potential
- On-job training (if required)
- Generous incentives including stock options
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
You will ideally possess:
- Degree in a relevant Computer Science or equivalent hands-on experience
- Minimum of 3 years C++ software development experience
- Linux or Unix experience
- Understanding of Python
- Understanding of Database Architectures
- Experiencing with containerisation on multi-server platforms
- Experience with embedded software systems (highly desirable)
- Experience with developing and testing containerized software applications on multi-server platforms.
- Familiarity with real-time and embedded software systems is favourable.
- General understanding of networking protocols and best practices.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, communicating effectively with engineers from non-software / data science backgrounds.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Demonstrable concise syntax with an appropriate documentation.
- An NV1 security clearance is preferred, however Australian Citizens will be considered.
- Design, develop and deploy backend C++ based services
- Focus on delivering projects of high availability, low latency, and scalability.
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines.
- Work closely with other engineers in an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Take ownership for services delivered/operated by your team.
- Work with the software and hardware development teams, making informed decisions about the future direction of complex deployed system design.
Security clearance: NV1 (preferred), Australian Citizens considered
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Sydney, NSW
Salary: Up to 160k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 1-10-2021
If you are looking for the next step in your engineering career working on exciting and interesting projects, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist you.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.