Job descriptionPublished Description:
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced, pro-active and versatile Technical Writer, focusing on Security related documentation, to work with a project team.
Deliverables comprise Security Policy and Procedure Documents, Security Patterns, Exemption Requests and Solution Designs focusing on Security related requirements from the Australian Government and other bodies.
You will work with the Project Manager, Principal Architect, Vendor and internal SMEs to deliver high quality artefacts that align with reference architecture, build team and user requirements. In some cases, this role will be accountable for delivering reference artefacts for other areas within the government department.
The Technical Writer will have (Essential):
- Experience in Information Security policy and procedure documentation
- Understanding of applying the ISM and PSPF in architecture designs
- General understanding and awareness of Security concepts and areas of security focus in Solution Architecture
- Experience of creating documents that simplify complex Security concepts into easily consumable formats • Experience eliciting security requirements from clients & projects
The Technical Writer will have (Desirable):
- Previous experience working for a Federal government agency
- Exposure to Security certification processes
- Experience reviewing and contributing to Solution Architecture designs
The Technical Writer (Security) will be Responsible for:
- Contributing to establishment of documentation related to the Security elements within Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture
- Exploring approaches that both satisfy requirements and work within constraints
- Recommending and documenting an approach, plus recording other approaches considered, in accordance with a template
- Work through the approach approval process including responding to feedback and suggested revisions
- Provide advice and clarification as the project progresses
Candidate must have an Australian Government baseline security clearance or higher.
Estimated start date
Location of work
Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract