Are you an experienced Gateway Engineer who is passionate about delivering/leading projects within our professional consulting team? This is the role for you!
Vertical Scope Group (VSG) are seeking an experienced Gateway Engineer (Security) to work with us as part of our team managing gateway functionality and systems for a prominent federal Government department whom we support.
This department requires a motivated individual with complex problem-solving abilities, who will provide technical direction and guidance to all stakeholders. The role will ensure correct routing information, backups, file review, archiving and database purging are performed.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in the defence and national security industry and a demonstrated successful delivery history.
- Excellent career development and mentoring opportunities
- Access to upskilling and training
- Flexible working arrangements and practices
- Work within a collaborative team to further your embedded and IoT skills amongst a high calibre team
- You will have the opportunity to work in vulnerability management and further your career in secured operations
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience with switches and routers
- SNAT/NAT & General Firewall (i.e., Load balancing) experience
- Experience with proxies - Solaris or Linux/Unix
- General scripting skills - Shell, Perl, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot & perform root cause analysis on network/computer issues on clients, servers, and network equipment
- Understanding of commands and concepts along with the ability to setup, configure and maintain servers
The key responsibilities are:
- Ensure that gateway environments are optimised and maintained
- Maintenance of gateway functionality
- Monitor network data streams and event log data
- Undertake changes to configuration of devices and servers
- Work with both Windows and Linux and/or UNIX environments
- Perform vulnerability management
- Maintain agreed security records and documentation
- Provide technical advice, and security policy advice in support of the client
Security clearance: NV1 (minimum)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Location of work: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Salary: $130-180k package (commensurate on experience)
Application Deadline: Friday 1-10-2021
To take the next step in your engineering career, APPLY NOW!
All conversations and your personal information are always held strictly in confidence.
Know someone who is suitable for this role? VSG have a $1,000 referral program! Head over to our website for further details. Referrals welcomed and rewarded!
Who are Vertical Scope Group?
We are a security cleared specialist with over 10 years’ experience providing end-to-end ICT and Cyber recruitment, personnel resourcing and employment services to federal government and corporate clientele.
We are a member of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) and are 100% Australian owned and independent. We are accredited and compliant, meeting or exceeding all applicable Australian and international recruitment and contracting standards.
We believe people are our greatest asset, we work with and support you throughout your career journey – feel free to contact us to see how we can assist.
Vertical Scope Group encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, veterans, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.